My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 101


For many years, 17-92 through Sanford and DeBary, had a drawbridge where it crossed the St. John's River. I remember how frustrating it was sometimes being in a hurry and having to wait for some silboat to slowly make its way through. A few years ago, the bridge was torn down and a new, taller bridge was built making travel a lot easier. The question then became "what do you do with the old one?" The center rotating part of the bridge was saved and moved to the side of the river to be used a a fishing pier. Tonight's picture is taken from the old one looking toward its replacement.

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

How cool!! I didn't know that it was now used as a fishing pier. I always wondered why it was still there....

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home