My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 98


Have you ever seen the signs on the side of the road pointing out a "Great Florida Birding Trail"? I see them around occasionally and have always wanted to check one out. Today was the day. There is one of them near our house so I took a little ride. After arriving, I learned from the display that it is apparently a home to many Scrub Jays. I'm sure there are other species but they weren't mentioned. It is a nice area, divided into 3 trails, one about a half mile, one was 1.2 miles, and I think the last one was 2.7 miles. It was getting a little late so I chose the middle one and took off, camera in hand, huntin' birdies. Now if this is a great Floria birding trail, I would surely hate to see a crappy one. I saw a grand total of 3 birds on the 1.2 mile hike. Only one of those was a Jay. It happened to be on the ground when I came around a corner and I think it scared both of us. He took off before I could get a picture off. Anyway, it was pretty windy so I am going to assume that the birds were laying low. If nothing else it was a nice walk. The picture today comes from that area. A splash of color in a pile of brush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home