My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Day 36


Weekends are way too short. Since I had to paint yesterday, I made sure we got out to play a little today. We decided to take a trip to Daytona Beach. Its only about 45 minutes away so it makes a pretty good destination for a quick day trip. We parked on the beach a couple of miles south of the Daytona Pier and took a walk. We were amazed a how bad the beachside hotels look now. They don't look too bad from the street but from the beach it appears some have sustained a lot of damage from storms in the past couple of years. It was cool today so there weren't many beachgoers. The pier wasn't crowded either but there were a few people fishing. The picture today comes from the pier. The pelican was sitting on the edge being boring so Reba went up to it to see if she could make it fly. It worked and you can see the result. Have a good week and I'll see you tomorrow. If you would like to see others from Daytona today, go to http://www.photographybydennis.photosite.com/DaytonaBeach/.

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

I often wonder if you know how good you are. I especially like the b&w shot of the three children in the surf.
You should try taking some of your shots down to the local art galleries here in town.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home