My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Day 21


Today we took a trip to Daytona to see an Egyptian exhibit at the museum. Reba's dad went with us. He was in Egypt for a few months back in the 70's. Many of the places pictured in the museum he had seen in person. It was all right but did not have near as much stuff as I had expected. Overall though it was a nice outing. I think the most disappointing thing was that they would not allow cameras in the museum. Oh, well, what do ya do? After the museum and lunch at Steve's Famous Diner (personally I had never heard of it), we took a drive down A1A just to see what we could see. For anyone not familiar with the area, at that point A1A runs along the beach about 100-200 yards from the water. It is amazing how little ocean you can see now from the road. So many condos!! At the end of the road is a little town called Ponce Inlet. There is a lighthouse there and that area became the subject of my PAD. The picture I chose is of a window about halfway up the lighthouse. For some reason, I seem to like to take pictures of windows and doors and I had to take this one. I had a few others of the lighthouse and from around the marina that I liked. If you would like to see them you can at
http://www.photographybydennis.photosite.com/PonceInletJan21/

Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D
Tamron 28-300 lens
Focal Length 300mm (35 mm equiv-450mm)
Shutter Speed 1/250
Aperture 6.7
ISO 100

Thanks for stopping by.

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Dennis!!! We need prints of some of these for our family room! They're perfect! We'll have to talk. Awesome shots.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home