My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Day 14


Hello. I'm feeling human again so I thought I would take some time and get this up to date. Unfortunately, Reba just called and it looks like she got what I had. That sucks.

We had a great time up in Charleston this weekend. We wanted to do it a few months ago but that was when Hurricane Katrina hit. They were talking about gas shortages and we didn't want to take a chance on getting stuck up there so we decided to postpone it. It was cooooold up there (at least to me). 30's with about 25 mph winds on day one. It would have been a good day to sit inside but with somewhat limited time, we didn't want to waste any time. We got there too early to check in to the hotel so we started with a tour bus ride around the city. We have found that this works well for us 'cause we see the good areas quickly and then can take our time going back to see the ones we really like. By the time we got finished, it was check-in time. We took a little time to drive around. I had been wanting to see the lighthouse on one of the nearby islands. What a disappointment. It was the only lighthouse that I had ever seen that didn't even rate a photo. Ugliest thing I ever saw. It didn't even look like a lighthouse. We did find a little area near the water as the sun was going down. I actually had a hard time holding the camera still enough to take pictures because of the wind.

Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D
Tamron 28-300mm lens
Focal Length 100mm (35mm equiv-150mm)
Shutter Speed 1/60
Aperture f 5.6
ISO 100

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

See, now. That just makes me want to see a picture of the ugly lighthouse....

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home