My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Day 12


One more day until Friday!!!! Tonight, Reba and I had a chance to watch a 3 yr. old young man named Conor for a couple of hours while his parents were at church. I figured this might be a chance to work on some child portraits. Tougher than I thought. I had forgotten how hard it is to keep a 3 yr. old still for long enough to even focus. The trick is to get them in a chair and put a piece of pizza in front of them. I finally was able to get a couple to work with. I particularly liked the look on his face in this one. There was some post processing: Desaturated, adjusted levels, cloned out a little bit of a booster seat and applied a touch of Gaussian blur to soften a little. Thanks to Melissa and Rick for allowing me to use this shot.

Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D
Tamron 28-300 lens
Focal Length 160mm (35mm equiv- 240mm)
Shutter speed 1/30
Aperture f 5.6
ISO 3200

Thanks and I'll see you tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Combat Doc said...

NIce pics. Though not even close to being an amateur you have given me some ideas to work with. Go by my site and see some of my horrible Iraq photo's. Looks like a fat tourist took them.

10:52 PM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

Awwww, my beautiful boy!!! I love it! Thanks, Dennis!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE IS A CUTIE.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home