My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 136

Since we were very close to Wisconsin, we decided to drive to Milwaukee today. It was a shortened day for sight seeing because of the game tonight. We did have a chance to visit the Miller Brewery and take the tour. I was amazed to find out that this brewery serves ten states but 40% of the 500,000 cases a day that it turns out are shipped to Chicago. It's amazing that they get anything done there.
The Cubs played today at 7:00 which of course meant that we needed to be there by about 5:oo to catch batting practice and soak in a little of the Wrigley Field ambiance. We arrived about a half hour before the gates opened so we walked around checking out all of the locals preparing for the game. One of the most famous parts of Wrigley, aside from the ivy covered outfield walls, is the sign out front that always welcomes fans to the "friendly confines". I was amazed at how small the stadium is compared to some other major league parks but it is so full of baseball history, it's hard not to be impressed, even for the casual fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home