My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 135


Today was the day we left on our annual trip to see the Cubs play. We flew up this morning and spent the afternoon driving, sightseeing, and learning our way around Chicago. As evening set in, a strange thing occurred. I had seen it happen a couple of times while watching games on TV but it was really amazing in person. A fog rolled in from Lake Michigan which hovered over the town, completely obscuring the tops of all but the shortest buildings. It also became evident how the town got its nickname "The Windy City". The lake looked almost like an ocean, much rougher than the Gulf of Mexico. Between the wind, the fog, and the cold, it really had an eerie feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home