My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 213


It was back to the birding trail this evening. While I was there the other day, a lady was walking a big ol' dog around the path. I mentioned that I was looking for little birds and was pretty surprised to see him (big ol' dog) come around the corner. She asked if I had been to a certain area of the preserve (I promised I wouldn't tell anyone where). She said that if you walked along slowly, Scrub Jays would come down and sit on the fence right by you. I was about out of time so I decided to wait until another time. Tonight was the time. I was slowly walking along when all of a sudden a bird flew into a tree about 10 feet away. It sat right there as I clumsily rambled through the brush trying to get a good angle. Within a minute, I began to see a lot of movement. The jays were flying around practically landing on my feet. They wandered around on the ground by me like I wasn't there. This guy was about 3 feet from me and had no fear at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home