My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day 171


Anyone who grew up in the Central Florida area in the 60's may recognize where this picture was taken. This is the infamous Osteen bridge. The old abandoned one on the right was in use for many many years and was probably one of the most dangerous bridges around. At that time, prior to Interstate 4, (of course I was too young and have only heard stories) kids had to drive through Sanford to get to New Smyrna Beach. This involved going over the Osteen bridge. Now in reality, it wasn't really the bridge that was so dangerous but the way that kids approached the drive across it. It was right after a curve and many didn't negotiate it properly. Hardly a week went by without someone hitting the guard rail or missing entirely. Eventually it was taken out of use and the larger, safer one on the left was built.

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

I love when you do "history" pictures, since I'm a baby Floridian at only 13 years residency.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home