My Picture a Day for 2006

This is a brief photo-diary of my photographic adventures in 2006. There will be a post each day of my favorite image that I have taken that day. I hope you enjoy them.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Keeping this profile thing short, I take some pictures and I go on occasional rants. This blog is to give me an outlet for those two activities (mostly photos).

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Day 189


Today Reba and I went to a pioneer settlement in Barberville that we have passed periodically over the last few years as we have driven to G'ville. Every time we drove by it we would remind ourselves that we really should go and visit some day. Well, the day finally came. It sounds a little boring but it was a nice day out. We were the only visitors there that afternoon so we got a private tour of the grounds. I would like to say at this time that I was surprised at the fee for the tour which lasted almost two and a half hours. It was a whopping $3.00 per person. They have a yearly gathering there that attracts around 25,000 people over a two day period. I think we may go fight the crowd this year and see it. Overall, it was very interesting, educational, and well worth the price of admission. Today's photo is from outside the main barn.

1 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Bought a new digital! HP Photosmart R927.

The other one was dropped one too many times and doesn't like to switch settings anymore. :-/

Maybe I'll just have to start a photo blog. Nahhhh. I'll leave that up to you. :-)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home